Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016
- My Goodreads challenge goal: 616 books. Yes, that is a huge number but between novels, graphic novels/manga and books I read to the kids, it might be possible.
- Finish listing all my books! I have so many and I meant to do this last year but was sidetracked. This year is a must for this. Every week I must commit 1 hour to listing books (minimum) until finished) unless sick or on vacation away from home.
- Sort my goodreads shelves. They are a bit messy. And I hope to seperate my TBR shelf from a generic want-to-read for books I don't yet have possession of.
- Finish series I have started. This is actually a general resolution to finish things. Book series, manga, anime, tv, video games I have yet to beat, etc. I start a lot of things, then take forever to finish or they get perpetually put off. That ends for many things this year! I will get caught up and/or finish more things that I have previously started.
- Be okay and enjoy more re-reads. I always try to read new titles and then when I pick up a book from a series that has been several months/years since the last one I forget details. I am giving myself the go-ahead to relive the earlier books. While I might read less new books this year, I will be reading what I love!
- Organize ebooks on my kindle into collections. Gnere and review titles especially so I can easily find what suits my reading interest.
- Keep my physical shelves more organized. Books are constantly coming and going in my personal library. I give away and swap a couple hundred every year, and take in about as many but I am very picky about my shelving so constant adjustments are needed. I got lazy last year and now have 2 boxs, 3 bookcase tops and 5 stacks of books not in their proper homes. Not cool!! So putting them away and will be keeping up with it monthly. No more 4+ months of laziness!
- Get crafty! While not specifically book related I want to take better instagram book pics, get more into coloring and creative in my reviews! Time to spice things up a bit!
- Work on my challenges that I have set up. Be a bit more dedicated to them.
- Be more varied in my reading. Last year was almost entirely YA novels and some manga. Hardly anything else. That has to change. I love YA a lot but I need more alternatives to share and enjoy.
I also have a list of blogging resolutions (not mentioned here) that coincide with many of these. Check them out.
What are some of your resolutions?