1. What are you reading right now? Thirst
2. How many books have you read so far? Haven't finished any yet :(
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Sons of Set and Firebolt are the two highest on my list if I can get my kindle to work right.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No. Sadly This event falls on the busiest event day for my fiance as well. He helps head a big Festival that takes place the last weekend of April. Go figure...
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes! The Kite Festival owned mt daylight hours. The first half of this read-a-thon is almost non-existant for me. I was hoping to read on the beach during the festival but 40 mph wind makes that impossible.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The fact that is started an hour earlier. I am in California which was suppose to be 5am. Yet 5am had us on hour 1. 4 pm has us at hour 12...
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Clearer start time. See above. This really has me off. I should have 12 hours left but by the time this posts, HOur 13 will be up.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Honestly, I may have to stick to the October one. This one was very hard being stuck out of town. Lots of extra work, less position/reading space options and less food options.
9. Are you getting tired yet? In general, yes. Long day and only running on 3 hours of sleep last night. Reading wise, no-I haven't had enough chance to read for that excuse. :)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something
you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Be sure to eat healthy foods to keep energy up. Don't just live on sugar and caffeine. Fruits have the energy and suger but are much better than a candy bar, etc.