Hosted by Broke and Bookish.
Topic: Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.
Hmmm, this is tricky. They are big authors I want to promote just because they are THAT GOOD. and there are new authors, who may have only written one book but show promise. Also, how them do I pick only 10? So I randomly went through my books I considered 5 Star worthy and here are 10 random authors to share.
But before I go into these I want to point out my current GIVEAWAY I have running! Please check it out and join. :) I also am participating in The Hot Summer Romance Giveaway Hop starting on the 18th so be sure to check back then to double up your entries. :) Thanks!
Now on to those authors!!! Again, no particular order nor guaranteed as my top ten. Just 10 authors I have enjoyed and see potential with.
1-Dean Koontz: While he is a big-time author, his books are some of the best I have ever read. If you have never read his books, DO SO! NOW! Especially some of his work for the 80's and 90's. For the Horror, Suspense, thriller fans in particular.
2. Erin Kellison- The author who introduced me to paranormal romance. I LOVE her series. And there is enough action in the first one that i know a few guys who read and liked it too!
3-Makoto Tateno: A mangaka, specializing in Yaoi. I have yet to read something she has done and not liked it a lot.
4. Rumiko Takahashi-She was my fall into the love on anime and manga with her Ranma 1/2 series! Also has done several other great series'!
5. Ai Yazawa-Another mangaka! (Sorry-random) She has done some great work with her Nana series! My only wish is that she finishes it!
6. Richelle Mead- I have yet to read something by her that I have not immensely enjoyed.
7. Kevin J Anderson- One of the original Star Wars authors. Coordinated a bunch of anthologies, plus worked on several other books. While not the greatest of literary writers, he is fun and engaging and does a great job working in someone else's worlds, plsu his own original works!
8. Margaret Weis- Dragonlance, star of the Guardians and so much more. A woman before her time and one of the earlier female sci-fi writers. Amazing job in fantasy and sci-fi both.
9. Emory Sharplin- A very young writer but she is off to a great start with her first Fantasy.
10.Rachel Caine- I first found her work in an anthology and was soon hooked. Great YA Vampire writer!
This list could go one but those were the 10 random winners. Some more deserving than others but I still love their books!
What authors do you love? Any Indie authors I should check out?